Old School RuneScape recently celebrated its 6th birthday, and it’s safe to say that throughout that time we’ve gone from strength to strength. The recent release of Old School Mobile has been met with a phenomenal response, building a strong future for the game we know and love.so Learn message from OSRS &buy RS3gold rs gold with $10 coupon til Mar21.
But we can’t just be satisfied with how far we have come – we need to make sure that we’re listening to our players and acting on their concerns. There are some topics we need to be more open about. In this blog we hope to demonstrate that we’re aware of the concerns that you have, and invite you to help us resolve them.
Player Support and Account Security
The subject of Jagex customer support is one that has been raised increasingly across social channels in recent weeks. To address some of the points that we’ve received:
- We have seen many comments suggesting that our account security is not as effective as it needs to be, and that the systems we do have in place (such as authenticator) are not doing enough to protect against things such as account hijacking.
- There is frustration at the lack of a lost items policy (outside of extreme circumstances).
- Account recovery difficulties are being encountered.
- The belief that the only way to contact Customer Support is via Reddit & Twitter.
- A desire for more effective direct communication channels.
- That the support centre is a maze of FAQs.
- It feels like there are too many bots in some areas of the game.
- There’s a perception that some bans are unfair or false, for example with bans applied when an account is hijacked.
Over the coming weeks and months, we want to build on the areas above and build a detailed understanding of what the main issues are for all players – not only those active on social media.
To demonstrate our commitment, these are the three things we aim to do this year:
- 1. We will continually survey all players, rather than just those on Reddit or Twitter, to understand what you think is important from a Customer Support perspective. We’ll use this to inform our priorities and measure our progress.
- 2. A series of detailed blogs on these topics will outline plans involving:
- Upgrading our systems
- Account security, recovery and lost items
- Challenging myths about Customer Support
- Toxicity in game
- 3. Updating you regularly when things get fixed, released or improved.
We won’t promise the moon and deliver an orange. However, Jagex has already scheduled significant work on Customer Support and Account Management systems in 2019. Some of this is already underway in the background, and some won’t begin until later in the year.
The reality is that the many of our systems are bespoke, meaning we face legacy issues. We are working to improve our systems and processes, and in 2019 we have already increased our investment in these areas. And there is more to come.
Besides, don’t forget to come to RS3gold and learn more information about rs news and updates.